Wednesday, September 07, 2011

It's A Small World After All!

Well it has certainly been too long!

First of all, Comic-Con was awesome! Thank you so much to all who came out and said hello!




While I have tried to spend the better part of the last month enjoying what is left of the Southern California summer, I did find some time to work on this piece for the upcoming It's a Small World tribute show at Gallery Nucleus. Here is the info about the show from the gallery:

It's a Small World

Timed with the release of illustrator Joey Chou's latest children's book from Disney Press, a select group of talent will contribute work paying homage to this beloved and enduring theme of global peace. The book features Chou's illustrations interpreting the Sherman Brothers classic song written for the popular Disney park attraction.

This is an all-ages event. Meet some of the artists including Joey Chou who will be on hand signing copies of the new release.


Exhibiting Artists Include:

Joey Chou
Lorelay Bové
Patrick Awa
Brittney Lee
Becky Dreistadt
Patrick Hruby
Michelle Romo
Eric Diaz
Michael Fleming
Grace Lee
Brendan Wenzel
Justin Parpan
Israel Sanchez
Seb Mesnard
Griselda Sastrawinata
Rad Sechrist
Nellie Le
Pete Oswald
Mark Sperber
Winnie Ho
Olga Stern
Christian Robinson
Victoria Ying
Ryan Kramer
Alex Chechik
Kevin Chan
Sean Sullivan
Ryuku Uratsuji
Chris Turnham
Josh Parpan
Jesse Tise
Elizabeth Ito
Jing Wei
Ben Butcher
Brigette Barrager
Chris Sasaki
Claire Keane

I am so thankful to Joey and Gallery Nucleus for inviting me to be a part of this show! This piece is one of the deepest and most intricate that I have ever made, and it was so much fun to figure out! I cannot wait to see all of the other pieces from all of the incredible artists in this exhibit. Here are a few more detail shots of my piece, titled Aloha! Bienvenue! Welcome!:






Lastly, for those of you who couldn't make it to Comic-Con, I now have copies of Confetti up in the shop! I will also be taking them on the road to APE and CTN-x this fall - I hope to see some of you there!




More updates soon! Have a lovely week!

55 comments:

Arnindhita said...

it's so gorgeous! :)
what is the name of art like this?

Elsa Chang said...

Your work never fails to amaze me. I love the colors!!

Christine said...

So beautiful!! How long did this take?

Mélanie said...

Wouaou! So beautiful work!

Sze Kei said...

Utterly brilliant! As per usual!!! :)

Phillip Light said...

This is beautiful! You're work is always so inspiring to me and you have captured the spirit, fun, and artistry of Small World perfectly. I wish I lived in California so I could see the show

Laure illustratrice said...

c'est tellement beau !!!! un travail magnifique !

Hussam Elsherif said...

That great attentions to details never fail to amaze me. Stunning

Gabby Zapata said...

Holy cow, this is amazing. Mind blown! Very inspiring!

Tam said...

wow, it's wonderfull !!

really beautyfull :)

Me salen alas (si me paras los pies...) said...

Beautiful!!
As always very original and positive post!!
Kisses from Madrid ♥ ♥

Jenny said...

Gorgeous! I LOVE the Eiffel Tower! I'm a huge fan of your work and wrote about you on my blog. I want one of your mermaid pieces sooooo bad. You can read my post about you and your amazing work at The Modest Peacock

A.C. Braxton said...

Wow! Those colors are hypnotizing. Beautiful!

Ariela said...

Fabulous!!!
:)

Zar Galstyan said...

Holy Moly...brilliance!

Jonathan Lankry said...

i really love it !!

Michelle said...

This is gorgeous!! how you find time to do this between work and playing with Popo I do not know.

Cristina Jiménez said...

Brittney, your work is lovely :)

Cheryl V. said...

Wow, this is amazing!

Liana Hee said...

PERFECT! <3

Ty Carter said...

Wow! This is wonderful Brittney!

Savanna Rodriguez said...

Everybody has said exactly what I was thinking only better than I can say it, so all I can say is ditto! You're truly talented and this is amazing! Someday I'll visit California & see your art in person!

Juny said...

wow. another beautiful work.

Jasmin said...

WOW this is really gorgeous! Any chance you'd sell a print of this?

Aminder Dhaliwal said...

Wow, beautiful! love the textures

Monica said...

How do you do that???

Marcelo Vignali said...

Love the book, and love your latest post.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy Kim said...

Can't wait to see you and your art at CTN! I saw you at Wondercon but was too shy to approach D:

I did take a business card though :)

Aele said...

This work makes me think so much of Muse's video of Invincible http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpEcACefiAY
I love it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Butcher said...

This piece is absolutely amazing. I love what you do with dimensional paper. Someday I would love to talk shop with you and swap secrets. Knowing how time consuming working with paper can be I am always amazed by the detail and scope of the work you do.

Griselda Sastrawinata said...

It's beautiful!!!! Can't wait to see it in person.

See you this weekend at Nucleus.

chibiaion said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Trent Correy said...

Whoa that's a huge post! I saw your "canadian art" for Siggraph, looked great, instantly recognizable!
Huge fan, keep up the amazing work:D

kamagra jelly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan Brain said...

Your piece is so cute and vibrant! The whole show looks great. Sorry I missed it. Where did you find such a long box frame? Do you get yours made? I'm so tired of using the same box frames.
p.s. you have a couple of spam comments. I just got the same ones on my blog. Such a drag.

Lise said...

That's so gorgeous, and this cute eiffel tower, I love it ♥

Clancy said...

Your work is so inspiring. I always like looking at your stuff!

sheetal said...

Awesome!!!!

Hello Mam, I am Sheetal from India, I love your art !! Its just fantastic !!!
Its always motivate me to try something new!!!
I love to learn from you !!!

David Vignolli said...

LOVE IT!

Sydney said...

amazing! feels like in disneyland! xx

sydsense.blogspot.com

Amanieu Rebu said...

I am so fan of your work! very lovely!

Rupali Naik said...

awesome work!

Fran Deltell said...

your works are really amazing, I love all your stuff!

Taylor Krahenbuhl said...

Fantastic work Brittney!

Sandra Buana Sari said...

Oh Mai God! so lovely, really like your art work

Tink said...

hey i got a book like this.. but i lost it because of a flood.

dark kristal said...

Your work is so gorgeous. You've made me really want to try my hand at this, I'm just not sure where to start.

Subing said...

OHHH!!! It's Wonderfull!! It's my favourite component of Peter Pan too!!

.ncolemndoza said...

really pretty! you're amazing :)

elizabeth said...

Wow. I am in awe. Your artwork is incredible. The technique alone is awe-inspiring, but your style is beautiful and your compositions fantastic. Wowza.

price per head online said...

This is really satisfied by the nice services in this blog that to really providing the wonderful info is visible in this blog

Herbert Lian Hearn said...

Hey, I really love your work, congratulations! you're really talented.