I once again had hoped to get this post up earlier, but it seems that the holidays get more and more crazy every year! I'm headed off on a quick work trip to New York for a few days, but I wanted to make sure that I get this schedule (and a few batches of girls:) up before I go - so here it is!
2017 Calendar Girl Release Schedule
Sunday, December 11th at 10am PST
Sunday, December 11th at 9pm PST
Monday, December 12th at 5pm PST
Saturday, December 17th at 2pm PST
Sunday, December 18th at 10am PST
(all calendars will be listed in the shop right here)
Again, I'm hoping that there will be about 50 girls released in each batch, and all orders placed up to and including Sunday, December 18th will ship before Christmas. (Please note: this is the cut-off date for all orders before Christmas.)
Copying and pasting again from last year, I have received comments and concerns about the purchasing process, so I wanted to spell out a few Etsy troubleshooting tips for making the whole experience go a little more smoothly:
- Check out quickly - Etsy does not hold items for you in your cart. I had many people complaining that they had calendars in their cart that were removed before they could check out. If you know that you would like to purchase a calendar, pick one and check out as quickly as possible to avoid losing out to another customer.
- One at a time, please. I can't set a limit on the number of calendars that an individual customer can purchase through Etsy, but if I could I would request that you purchase one at a time. This helps to make sure that the checkout process goes more smoothly, and also allows for more customers to get calendars!
- Try a few times. I'm trying to spread out the release schedule over a few dates and times to allow more people all over the world to have access to the calendars when the arrive in the shop. If you can't get a girl in the first round, please try again at one of the later times.
- Refill Clarity! A consistent issue that customers seem to be running into is confusion about the Wardrobe Refill Packs, so I wanted to take a second to clarify exactly what they are. The refill packs are intended to replace previous-years' pages for customers who already own a Calendar Girl. Every new Calendar Girl comes with her own set of pages, so if you are looking to buy a full calendar there is no need to purchase a refill pack. Conversely, buying refill packs will not reserve full calendars. Basically, if you don't already own a calendar from a previous year, I don't recommend buying a refill pack (unless you are just looking to have a pretty set of dresses in your life :)
- Repeating That Last Bit: Calendar stands (the girl part of the calendar) are not and will not ever be sold separately from the pages. Please do not attempt to purchase pages as a way to reserve a girl - it will not work. The full Calendar Girl includes the wardrobe for 2017, so if you are new to purchasing calendars, she is all you need!
- No Returns, Please. This is spelled out in my Etsy shop policies, but I wanted to repeat it here. I have had several people ask if they could return refills that they have ordered if they are able to purchase the full calendar, and the answer is no. If there is damage or some other physical problem with your order when you receive it, contact me and we can definitely work something out, but otherwise we cannot process returns.
Whew! Again, I want to sincerely thank you all for your patience and continued support. I have been and continue to be completely overwhelmed by the response to this little project of ours. Thank you all for being such wonderful cheerleaders - I hope you all have a magical holiday season. Cheers!