Thursday, November 15, 2007

Small Scale


I was asked to paint a 4x4 inch canvas that will serve as a tree ornament at an upcoming gallery show in LA (More information on that to come shortly- I promise!). It has been a looong time since I worked on something at such a small scale, so I thought this might fit nicely with Illustration Friday's topic this week. I tried to make something that might work well with my other two pieces that are in the show which are both - you guessed it - mermaids. I'm kind of ridiculous. Anyhow, enjoy!

6 comments:

Davipalooza said...

i like this painting a lot

Kathy said...

You've done a great job at getting a lot of detail into such a small piece. I think the flow of the hair into the water and the blend of the snowflakes and starfish really flow well.

Joe Karg said...

Very nice. So peaceful and well articulated.

Kstyles said...

Very cute. It puts you in the mood for the holidays!

Cecelia said...

This is cute, and so festive! I'm thinking of doing small watercolors to add to my Christmas cards this year, again. Not sure, though, as it did take up a lot of time the last time I did it.
Cecelia
http://cecelia-throughmyeyes.blogspot.com/

Matthew Kalinauskas said...

Nice stuff, I like it alot!