Thursday, April 12, 2007

Green....ish.


This is a work-in-progress painting I've been working on for a couple of weeks. I have been reading James Michener's "Hawaii" and have gotten really interested in island culture. This particular painting is inspired by an early 90's musical called "Once on this Island" about a peasant girl who falls in love with a boy of high class. Its a really fun show with a lot of great music. I plan on doing more paintings inspired by island culture soon.

Anyway, since Illustration Friday's topic this week is "Green", I thought this might fit. It would work a lot better if the topic was "Greenish-Blue", but you can't win them all.

Also, does anyone know how to replace a thumbnail on IF? I was a moron and uploaded a low quality version that looks all soupy and yucky and now I'm stuck with it.

4 comments:

Siukwan said...

First time here~ Nice color indeed! And wait for your island culture paintings! =)

cameo said...

I think this is green enough to count. Your color pallette is beautiful in this!

Meng said...

As far as I know, there is no way to go back and edit either your name, url or thumbnail on IF.

karimq said...

Hi Brittney this is Karim

I Work with Animations & Comics

I liked your Job * * * * * so

I wanted to leave you my Blogspot

so If you like my Job Add me to your Link Section At:

http://karim-qabrawi.blogspot.com/

keep going with your Fine Art!